- Coquilles St-Jacques: scallops poached in white wine, placed atop a puree of mushrooms in a scallop shell
- Steak-frites: steak and fries – with red wine reduction (even better!) – Check out my recipe HERE.
- Croque-Monsieur: ham and cheese grilled sandwich with béchamel sauce.
- Croque-Madame: Croque-Monsieur + a fried egg
- Duck confit: duck thighs cooked in their own fat
- Jambon-beurre: half baguette sandwich with butter and “jambon de Paris”, a pink-hued cooked ham with optional cornichons (tiny French pickle)
- Raw-milk artisanal cheese
- Acorn-fed ham
- Paris-Brest: wheel-shaped pastry garnished with praline buttercream and caramelized almonds
- Macaroons: two almond meringue shells with buttercream or ganache inside
- Escargot: snails in a butter sauce
- Baked Brie or camembert. Check out my recipe HERE.
- Moules Marinières: mussels in a white wine and herb sauce – Here’s my recipe.
- Buckwheat Crepes: Check out my recipe HERE
- Blanquette de Veau: veal stew
- French onion soup: Check out my recipe HERE
- Hachis Parmentier: beef and potato stack
- French Bourguignon: deeply flavored beef stew
- Cheese Soufflé
- Pepper Steak
- Bouillabaisse: fish stew
- Quiche Lorraine: quiche with speck and gruyere cheese. Here’s MY RECIPE.
Read more about Our Trip and Our Favorite Local Spots.
3 Comments Add yours