- Be ready – Basel, like the rest of Switzerland, is expensive.
- If driving, you must purchase a 30 euro road pass when entering Switzerland. If you do not have one, fines are very hefty
- Don’t speed on the roads surrounding Basel, or anywhere in Switzerland, for that matter. Again, fines are hefty and they are good at finding you for payment, even if you are a tourist!
- Switzerland uses Swiss francs, but they will likely accept euros and give you back your change in francs.
- Basel is easily accessible by ferry, train, car, or plan
- Everyone is very nice and most people speak some English – don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- This is a biker-friendly city. Consider renting a bike and seeing the city on wheels.
- Public transport is easily accessible and simple to use. You can take advantage of their public transportation; however, this city is easily walkable in a day, if you prefer.
Want to know more about our trip? Click here!
Read more about the local cuisine in Basel.